(NOTE: Laird Wellness is not affiliated with Lifestyle Medicine but we DO think this video does a great job of explaining the health benefits of selenium. Please see the disclaimer at the bottom of this page.)
Hallelujah Diet Selenium / Glutathione Promoter is designed to boost your immune system defenses by a combination of selenium and select antioxidants to stimulate the increased production of the master antioxidant glutathione.
- Selenium strengthens your immune system's response to viruses
- Selenium is a key part of antioxidant enzyme glutathione peroxidase
- Antioxidants supply the immune system much-needed protection during the oxidative stress and excessive free radical damage caused by an acute infection
- N-acetyl L-cysteine supports immune function during infections
- N-acetyl L-cysteine provides direct antioxidant protection
- N-acetyl L-cysteine is also a precursor to glutathione
- Alpha Lipoic Acid provides water and fat-soluble antioxidant protection
- All the ingredients together promote the increased production of the master antioxidant—glutathione
- Selenium in its most bioavailable whole food form provides potent antioxidant protection for life
- Nutritional benefits of this essential mineral are enhanced by the inclusion of organic foods rich in trace minerals
- Easy to digest even on an empty stomach
- Tested FREE of pesticides, herbicides, gluten, and soy
Research has shown selenium supports the immune system's response to viral infections. When children with influenza strain H1N1 were compared to uninfected children, researchers found lower levels of selenium in the blood and lower levels of the antioxidant enzymes glutathione peroxidase, glutathione peroxidase, superoxide dismutase, catalase, and lower levels of glutathione.
Overall, the evidence indicates that there is a role for selenium in proper immune function.
The information on this website is for educational purposes only; it is not medical advice. The statements and products referred to throughout this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition. If you have a health condition or concern, consult a physician or your alternative health care provider. Always consult a medical doctor before modifying your diet, using any new product, drug, supplement, or doing new exercises.