(NOTE: Laird Wellness is not affiliated with Bananiac or Dr. Milton Mills, but we DO think this video does a great job of explaining what B12 is all about - we agree 100%!)
Hallelujah Diet B12, B6, Folate supplement contains methylcobalamin, the preferred form of vitamin B12, as it is active in the body immediately upon absorption. Numerous studies suggest that vitamin B12, vitamin B6 and folate play an important role in optimizing homocysteine levels in the body. Elevated levels of homocysteine have been implicated in a variety of conditions.
Those who eat a plant-based diet are typically lacking B12 — but they're not alone!
An article in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (2000) reveals that 39% of people who ate meat also had low-to-normal levels of B12 in their blood, and 17% had levels low enough to cause symptoms of deficiency.
- DETOXIFICATION: Helps play a vital role in energizing, cleaning and nourishing the body by removing harmful toxins
- MOOD ENHANCING: Helps fight fatigue and improve nerve health; Delivers excellent support for a better mood
- PRIMARY INGREDIENTS: Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal 5-phosphate) - 25mg; Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin) - 1,000 mcg; Folate - 400mcg
- SUITABLE FOR ALL DIETS: 100% non-GMO, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan
- SUGGESTED USE: 1 sublingual tablet daily or as directed by a healthcare professional; For best results, dissolve under the tongue
LAIRD WELLNESS WISDOM
"Here's a tip I use to spot a good B12 vitamin. If the Supplement Facts panel says "cyanocobalamin" in the B12 area, it's the cheap kind that your body has to convert before using (and thus is not as effective). If it says "methylcobalamin" it's a form your body can use immediately. If the supplement company has gone to the trouble and greater expense of including the methylcobalamin type of B12, you can bet they've done the same with their other ingredients."
- Scott Laird, ND
The Benefits of Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin)
- Maintains healthy nerve cells
- Maintains red blood cells
- Makes DNA, the genetic material in all cells
- Aids in proper digestion and the absorption of foods
- Helps with the synthesis of protein
- Helps metabolize carbohydrates and fats
- Plays an essential role in many other metabolic processes
- Aids in cell formation and cellular longevity
The Benefits of B6 (Pyridoxine)
Pyridoxine is involved in more bodily functions than almost any other single nutrient. It affects both physical and mental health. Pyridoxine may improve:
- Production of hydrochloric acid
- Absorption of fats and proteins
- Sodium and potassium balance
- Promote red blood cell formation
- Support for normal brain function
- Absorption of B12
- Support of the immune system
- Hormonal balance
The Benefits of Folic Acid (Folate)
- For pregnant women and women who hope to become pregnant, Folic Acid plays a vital role in the healthy development of the fetus
- Crucial for a healthy heart
The information on this website is for educational purposes only; it is not medical advice. The statements and products referred to throughout this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition. If you have a health condition or concern, consult a physician or your alternative health care provider. Always consult a medical doctor before modifying your diet, using any new product, drug, supplement, or doing new exercises.